Originally oil on panel. Inscribed verso 'Rembrandt's Mill/ was erected in the year 1593, as a/ magazine for powder-on the banks/ of the 'Old Rhijn' at Koukert, near/ Leyden. It was soon after converted/ into a mill, and at a time of/ Rembrandt's birth in 1606 was in/ possession of his father Herman Gerritz/ van Rhijn, from which period it has/ been constantly employed for the purpose/ of a corn mill. E.W.C. 1843'
RatingsNone